Last Update: 05/03/2018 13:33 PM
SSC CPO SI 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips
Here, we have mentioned some simple tips and tricks for Quantitative Aptitude paper which will help you to get good marks and Quantitative Aptitude. SSC CPO or Central Police Officer, Sub-Inspector is conducted every year by SSC. This exam is carried out in two stages i.e. Paper I and Paper II. Paper I includes topics like General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness, English Comprehension while Paper II includes English Language and Comprehension. The first [phase or the Tier I is of 200 marks in total while Phase II or Tier II is also of 200 marks. The First paper is conducted for 2 hours, and same goes for the Second paper. Among all these Quantitative Aptitude plays a significant role in uplifting student's score. So here we are going to elaborate about the Quantitative Aptitude for CPO SI exam.
SSC CPO SI 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Preparation Tips and Tricks
Here we have listed some of which should be followed while Preparing tips for CPO SI 2018 Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus.
- Strengthen Basics: At the initial level try to be very much focused on concepts just don’t go for shortcuts in the beginning. Start learning basics of all the topics involved and when you feel that you have developed a command of the issues then eventually switch to all the little tricks. It is suggested because if you have control over concepts, then tricks will become easier to understand.
- Time Management: Try to be very oriented while solving the paper as time is the key factor or the most important factor. While addressing the article keep in mind to give every question equal amount of time. Beyond this, if you’re preparing then you should give ample time to all the weaker sections as they need improvement and try to provide less time to parts in which you’re strong.
- Practice Previous Year Question Papers: To be completely aware of the pattern and the type of questions asked in the examination you need to practice more and more past year papers. Sometimes questions repeat as well so it can be beneficial for you. It will also let you check your speed and accuracy.
- Assess Yourself: Try to check your level at regular intervals. Take mock tests and solve question papers to analyze your current situation or level. This will help you analyzing your weaker sections so that you can work on it. Try to explain more no. of questions in less time. While solving also keep a check on time and try to figure out how much time you’re spending on a single question.
- Use Shortcuts & Tricks: Once you are totally done with all the concepts move on to shortcuts and tricks to save time. This will help you in solving more and more questions in less time.
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for CPO SI 2018
If we come to quant, then it can be referred as a prominent part of SSC CPO SI Exam. It is also known to be a deciding factor to make into the Second phase as it carries a significant section of marks. As this section involves questions based on basic mathematics, thus it is necessary to develop a hold on these type of questions. To master the art, constant practice is needed. To score well in the examination, we need to have a thorough knowledge of the topics involved in Quantitative Aptitude in SSC CPO SI.
Quant Aptitude of CPO SI 2018 exam is involved in the exam pattern to test the ability of appropriate use of numbers and mathematical calculation sense of the candidate. Several topics are included in this section which is mentioned here.
- Whole Numbers
- Fraction and Relationship between Numbers
- Ratio and Proportion
- Square Roots
- Profit & Loss, Compound Interest
- Mixture and Allegation
- Partnership Business
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
Algebra: It includes topics like Identities of School Algebra, Graphs of Linear Equations, Elementary Surds, etc. A total number of questions asked are 3-4on an average basis, and their level is also elementary or fundamental.
Geometry: This section involves Triangles and various kinds of centers, Congruence and Similarities of Triangles, Circles and its Chords, Angle Subtended by Chords of a Circle, Circle, and its Chords, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygon, Right Circular Cone, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Hemisphere, Regular Right Pyramid with a triangular or Square base. Total 7-8 questions are asked from this topic.
Trigonometry: Trigonometric Ratios, Trigonometric Identities, Degree and Radian Measures, Complementary angles and Standard Identities, etc. Total 4-5 questions are asked from this section.
Other than this some questions from Statistics and Data Interpretation are also asked. Quant can be a very scoring part for all those who have a hold on basics of mathematics.
SSC CPO SI Quantitative Aptitude 2018: Important Factors
So here we have covered all the topics included in this section. We’ll keep on updating you with all the necessary information and stuff about SSC CPO SI Preparation Tips and Tricks with Quantitative Aptitude syllabus. For further more details related to Quantitative Aptitude for CPO SI 2018 Exam stay tuned with us. Till then, All the Best for Exam!