Last Update: 22/01/2018 17:28 PM
How to Prepare English for IBPS Clerk 2018 Preliminary Exam?
Everything you need to know about How to Prepare English for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 examination section wise. As we know IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims exam will be held on 8th, 9th, 15th, and 16th December 2018. Here, we have shared some tips and tricks which will help you prepare English for IBPS Clerk Exam 2018. You have the detailed IBPS Clerk exam syllabus and study schedule for better preparation of IBPS Clerk examination. This article will help you to do study in a way that you should at least be able to cross the cut-off easily. Thus, try to prepare your English as per the mentioned details and aim to score good marks in IBPS Clerk 2018 Exam of Preliminary.
How to Prepare English for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 Exam Section Wise?
Total 30 questions will be asked from English section in IBPS Clerk 2018 prelims examination. IBPS Clerk English Section exam can be broadly divided into four parts - Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, and Verbal Ability. Candidates should keep it mind that these topics will also be repeated in Clerk Mains exam.
Tips to Prepare Reading Comprehension for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018
- The passage will likely to be based on topics like Banking & Economy, Moral stories, Business, Social Issues, etc.
- All the questions will purpose to test your vocabulary and grasping power. Therefore, it is very essential for you to note down the hard words which you face while practicing passages as well as find out their synonyms, meanings, antonyms, etc.
- In some cases, the best to read all the questions before reading the passage because, after reading the passage you will simultaneously learn what answers you are searching for.
- Try to practice 10 sets of questions on the 1st day when you start your preparation. Keep it minds that at least 6 sets of them are based on moral stories and 2 sets on social issues & the remaining on banking and economy.
- Practice at least 4 to 5 sets of questions on the daily basis including the one which you search in the previous papers and daily mock tests.
Tips to Prepare Grammar for IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims
There are three main topics in Grammar on that questions will be asked - Phrase Replacement, Error Spotting, and Fill in the Blanks.
- Approx 5-10 questions will be based on Grammar in English paper. Therefore, in the English Grammar, candidates need to know basic Grammar concepts like Articles, Tenses, Prepositions, Subject-Verb Agreement, Degrees of Comparison, Conjunctions, Standard Construction, Parts of Speech, Number in Nouns, Adverbs, etc.
- Make sure to go to the lessons on Error Spotting and Gerunds.
- Try to Practice at least 30 questions from each section.
- To know which kind of questions you should practice to strengthen the grammar portion, practice by the online test series.
- Take mock tests in IBPS Clerk 2017 Test Series as well as pay special attention to the solutions.
Tips to Prepare Vocabulary for IBPS Clerk 2018 Prelims Exam
- As you know that Building a strong vocabulary is not a task of a single day. Therefore, to prepare English for IBPS Clerk exam, wherever you read or hear a new word, search the meaning, antonyms & synonyms as well as try to enshrine these words in your everyday conversation.
- Try to Practice 5 cloze tests, 15 phrase replacements, 15 fill in the blanks, along with 15 error spotting questions when you start preparation for vocabulary section.
- Try to solve more and more vocabulary sections from previous year’s papers as well as time yourself to understand where you stand with your current level of preparation.
How to Prepare Verbal Ability for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam 2018?
- The English section consists 6 sentences of para jumble with 5 questions based on this topic. Therefore, candidates should learn how to effectively hold them by using these shortcuts to hastily solve parajumbles.
- This is a less easy section as well as you can practice 10 questions daily.
- Follow the logic of the passage while solving the questions. Always keep in mind the overall story, as the passage will always tell you a story with a definite beginning, middle and end.
- Look for connecting words like conjunctions that will help you link the story well.
General Strategy to Prepare English for IBPS Clerk 2018 Preparation Tips
Now, that Candidate know tips to prepare English for IBPS Clerk Prelims Exam, Candidates should also know how to execute your preparation in practice test as well as the examination.
Try to spend only 15 minutes on English Section of the IBPS Clerk Prelims paper mock tests as well as the actual exam. Speed and Accuracy can only be achieved by taking more mock tests as well as timing yourself while solving those tests.
Spend some time for studying basic rules of English Grammar. For the reason that these rules will help you to crack many topics in the English paper.
Pick the section in which you are not good and they to solve more and more questions about this topic.
It is suggested if you will start your preparation with the Vocabulary section first because you can get several marks in one go. As well as, it is the rapid to get through. After a hasty reading makes sure to attempt the fact as well as vocab based questions in the Reading Comprehension before you attempt the theme/main idea based questions. The Verbal Ability part should come next for the reason that it is comparatively easy & scoring.
IBPS Clerk 2018 English Preparation Tips
We hope that above-mentioned Tips and Tricks to Prepare English for IBPS Clerk 2018 examination. We have mentioned the section wise preparation tips for English. Candidates can check the section wise tips to understand and know how to prepare English for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2018 Exam. If someone wants to know more details then they can comment us. Our team will be happy to help you. Thank You!