Last Update: 28/06/2017 17:19 PM
How to Prepare for UPSC IES 2018 Exam - ESE Preparation Tips
Are you looking for UPSC IES / ESE Exam preparation tips and strategy to crack examination will good marks? So, read given preparation tips and ways to achieve success in Engineering Services Examination. The Indian Engineering Services (IES) examination is one of the most famous exams which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India. This examination gives an opportunity to the candidates who want to become an engineer and want to work under the government of India in the designated as Class – 1 officer in public sectors like Indian Railways, Telecommunications, Power, Central Water Engineering, Defense Central Engineering Service, service of Engineers etc.
By the IES Post, the UPSC provides an opportunity to manage the technicalities of some challenging tasks as well as roles in the development of Services & Infrastructure of the country. After the selection, the 1st post offered for Assistant Executive Engineer and the process of ends at the post of Chairman/ Managing Director of the institution.
There are many vacancies available for the Engineering Service Examination. That’s why competition is very high among the candidates. For an applicant to successfully qualify the ESE Exam, the best strategy and ESE preparation tips are very important. Therefore, we have given some vital tips and strategy to crack ESE examination which will help you understand - How to Prepare for UPSC IES 2018 Examination with attention & focus and what is important from examination point of view.
How to Prepare for UPSC IES 2018 Exam - ESE Preparation Tips 2018
- Candidates should study all the subjects one by one, whichise mentioned in UPSC ESE Syllabus. You should start preparation from that on which you are strong and able to understand all the topics easily. After completion of each subject, practice previous 10 years questions of both objective and subjective types.
- At the time of practicing objective type questions, you should take a clock and set the alarm to one hour and try to attempt 60 questions because in IES/ ESE 2018 Exam, you will have to do 120 questions within two hours. After doing 60 questions verify your answers that have you done right or wrong.
- In the subjective type question, also follow the same process and set a time limit.
- Normally, candidates think that they cannot get good marks in the conventional. However, it is not right. Candidates are assumed to pay attention to some of the following facts as well as they can get better score in the conventional.
- Candidates must have to be answered in English in the conventional papers because question papers will be asked in English language only.
- In the subjective question paper, candidates try to write the first answer in best way because it will create first impression on the checker’s mind.
- Try to answer the questions in a legible manner because there is a 5% deduction in marks for the ineligible answers.
- Candidates should try to explain each formula or expression (which is used in the answer) as well as if a symbol is used its meaning must be provided.
- Candidates can use the pencil to underline important points or facts. Try to explain with figures or block diagram for providing the better answer.
- Candidates, if you want to right some extra information, then you should write it as a NOTE.
- While reading the Note, the examiner will definitely come to know that what kind of extra information you have. This impression will fetch you more marks, which will be beneficial for you.
- Candidates should try to answering the questions in depth because marks will not be allotted for only superficial knowledge. Therefore, do not waste time for solving questions which you do not know exactly.
- In the objective type of questions, if you are not sure then you do not mark answers because there is negative marking of 33%.
- Finally, just be sure and be confident yourself and you will be able to crack the IES exam which good marks. For the reason that, the positive attitude and your right confident will definitely help you clear this exam
- Do more and more hard word and practice in the right way because “A Perfect Practice Makes A Man Perfect”.
Some Ways to Achieve Success in UPSC Competitive Examination
- Set daily goals for yourself
- Surround yourself with successful people.
- Realize your Potential
- Imagine and visualize yourself being successful
- Be focused on your goals and make your life goal oriented
- Make a plan or blueprint for success
- Be spontaneous and listen to your gut
- Stay away from distractions as well as understand that your time is limited
- Develop Self Confidence, Don’t Give Up
- Improve your social skills
- Be Excited to Learn
- Be relevant and always up to date
- Be persistent and develop a relentless motor
- Always take care of yourself
- Get educated and always be learning
- Exercise and maintain good physical health
- Be both book smart and street smart
- Strive to be successful for the right reasons
- Optimize your sleeping habits
- Manage your time
- Believe in yourself and your abilities
- Develop a routine and follow it
- Be more patient, calm and collected
- Have a strong desire to attain success
- Develop a goal oriented approach, Stay Motivated
- Think positive and make success the goal
- Never focus on obstacles
- Be willing to be different than the rest
- Become proactive and bold
- Create a successful mindset
UPSC ESE Preparation Tips 2018
As we know, Time is money. Therefore, do not spend your time by searching too many books. Candidates should buy a few good books and utilize their time to prepare as well as to get ready for the examination. It a best way whereby you can beat your competitors. Candidates will have to understand that ESE is a grossly competitive examination and it is not easy to crack. Therefore, candidates must have to prepare for UPSC IES 2018 examination with more diligently. You might be talented but without doing more practice and preparation you cannot able to crack IES examination with good marks. Candidates should never forget to underline the important topic in books as well as make short notes.
Candidates are advised to follow all the given UPSC ESE Preparation tips exam because these tips will help you to score well. Should read this page carefully to know that How to Prepare for UPSC IES 2018 Examination in Less time to get good marks. All the Best!